Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blue And Gold Masterbation

Hunters ... well, fans of vampires with glitter

certainly surprised me that there are so many positive reviews on the net about of this novel, and it's not that I liked, but it is quality that goes beyond, perhaps I'm too demanding.
took months insisting that he should read it, arguing that it was not Twilight (which I do not like it) and had many similarities to Buffy , it is true that urban fantasy is imbued with wry humor, all kinds of supernatural beings and a key that governs how they should act hunters of shadows, which are only responsible for killing demons. But that's where the resemblance, because the originality of Buffy is very hard to beat, especially at first it seems that the author wants his characters mention every possible brand names for the story even more urban.
's actually a fun story, but to me came to hacérseme heavy at times and not get hooked (when the hook is usually the most remarkable advantage in this type of work), and the characters are quite interesting, at least, no odious protagonists repeatedly surprised to discover some things about them. Yes, Jace is not so cool . It is not. For more than half the planet loves him.
The mystery part is not too unexpected, and I knew from about half of the book what it was all (and I'm not exactly the who find things before they happen). It is, in fact, strangely hard to see how the characters are twenty turns to get where you've landed a long time ago. And when it comes to humor, the truth is that the author uses sarcasm are pretty funny, but it is not credible that all the characters are equally ironic.
Finally, if you're interested in browsing, I suggest you do not you read it in English. Must be one of the worst translations of the story, really. Google would have passed. And that of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" will not forget in life. My mother ...

In short, this is a book about entertaining, with lots of magic and fantasy that takes us to a New York view with other eyes. A world in which many of us like to live, but remember: Stephenie Meyer also would like to live in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment