Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wonderworld.com/bernoulli's Principle



Spirits of Verne, Stevenson and Dumas back to life in flying machine as if been conjured by the imagination of a child full of the best literature and passionately inspired by the oldest of the reasons that compel us to read: flight of the imagination.

This is the appointment of Ignacio Padilla on the back cover of the book and convinced me to buy a novel that might not have caught my attention otherwise. Caution: do not we have one of these volumes of adventures that we have throughout the day midway between the stunning epic fights that describe and our more or less tedious chores. Not The Three Musketeers. But it is a small piece of the best narrative adventure, with fantastic touches, and above all a feast for the imagination. Do not give to fly in Passarola at least once!, Visit the English provinces, the Paris of the Enlightenment and my beloved Finland. Do not give to feel the wind in your face and the adrenaline in my veins.
Despite everything, not just the lightness of its paragraphs (very necessary for me after reading something as intense as Let the Right One In ) what makes this work very recommendable. There are many small philosophical debates that take shape in the contrast between its two protagonists, Lourenço brothers. Bartolomeu represents freedom, the desire to rise above the mundane, passions and wars of mankind, contemplating everything from the sky, to know truths that no one has gone before. Alexandre is the rational fear of flying too high, the need for the highest security that can not provide. Who be you? "The brother who satisfies his desire to travel and seek the warmth of the family, or who risks everything to be free? Personally, I love Bartolomeu, but I know I look more like Alex, I guess the secret lies in finding a compromise between both.
mourn not expect I have done so much. Moved me deeply and I was in love with the world. I have rediscovered the adventure novel.

A delicious bite of imagination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment